Mommytalk #01: I'm Back With A Big Surprise

Hi beautiful, I am finally back! After a year of neglecting my blog, a freaking year! Still not so used to being a blogger though but I will step up my game so please bear with me.


A lot has happened. Where do I begin?


So pandemic has become a new norm in our life. Cases are rising up again in Malaysia. I doubt it will go away soon so please do your part to ensure you and your family are safe. 


On to the next story, an exciting one. Drumroll please, I. AM. PREGNANT.


Alhamdulillah, my husband and I are expecting our first child in April 2021. Words cannot describe how excited we are!! It truly feels surreal and we are just so grateful for this next stage in our lives together. Being parents to our sweet baby.


How/When Did We Found Out?


It was August 17th, I was actually a day late for my period that month but it normal for me to be late a day or two so I didn't even thought about it. What made me took the pregnancy test was because that night I had the strangest dream of me being pregnant. It sounds very superstitious, having a dream of yourself being pregnant doesn't actually determine you being pregnant. Call it a maternal instinct that made me want to get tested. 


So, right after waking up, I immediately took the test that I had previously bought (is it weird that I'm so well prepared that I always keep extra kit in my drawer?). Went to the bathroom took one test and to my surprise it had two lines! I was speechless. I've had taken the test like countless times and whenever I looked at the test it always came out one line so for me to be looking at two lines, it was shocking and made me speechless. Didn't even believed it at first so I took a second test and it came out positive as well. So here's me looking at the both of the test, positive lines, and smiling like an idiot. My husband was still sleeping and I do not know how to react or what to say. I called out my husband, went out of the bathroom and just bursting laughing and straight away told him that I'm pregnant. He laughed as if I just told him a joke or he assumed I was pranking him so I showed him the test and we just laughed. I don't know what's funny but I think we didn't really expected it.


How Are You Feeling?


The first trimester was so tiring with all the vomiting, feeling gassy all the time, and constantly being hungry. It was a roller coaster ride. My blood pressure was acting up and I feel super tired all the time. Nevertheless, I am super grateful that I get to experience this.


Now that I'm in my second trimester, I don't feel nauseas anymore and my blood pressure is back to normal, alhamdulillah. I can finally feel the baby kicking. It feels weird at first but it gets normal everyday and I kinda like the fluttery feeling in my tummy.


I am just super excited to share this pregnancy journey in this blog. That's all for today's coffee chat. See you next time, insha'Allah.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.