I Quit My Full-time Job To Pursue My Freelancing Dream

Assalammualaikum everyone and happy 2022.

Yes, I'm still here, trying my best to be active in blogging. Again. I know I've said this in my previous post which was few months back. So many things have been going on in my life that I can't seem to manage my time.

Anyways, here I am trying to type whatever I can think of.

A recent update on my life right now. I quit my full-time job. Yes, without any backup job or secure savings. Crazy, I know. I thought I was going crazy too but when the job has taken a toll on my mental health I just couldn't care about anything other than my well being.

I was not happy working in a toxic environment. I think nobody was. Even my other colleagues. Kudos to them for having the patience to continue working there because it ain't easy but because of money they had to suck it up and just work. I was like them until I had enough. Some might say I'm stupid to leave because I actually had gotten a promotion as a senior and increment. But my integrity and conscience wouldn't let me be. You see the promotion was because I had already wanted to resign because of another offer but we were lack of staff at the time and hence the promotion was made just for me to stay put. It wasn't because of my skills or value. I could go on about the negativity and toxic things that has happened to me or to my other colleagues but I do not want to highlight that in the post.

I chose to leave.

Enough was enough.

Money was not my main priority anymore.

I told myself, "Rezeki Dari Allah, bukan dari manusia."

Which is true. After I resigned, I had gotten an offer from a close friend. She works in an agency in Singapore where they hire freelancers for project based and it's a long term contract so I accepted it. The interview went so smoothly and I instantly got the job, right there and then. Alhamdulillah, Allah is Great.

Never ever doubt about your own rezeki. No matter what people say.

Now I am a full-time freelance designer. I work on own time. I get to choose which projects I like. I work according to my capabilities. Most importantly now I work in a healthy environment. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for your new job! It's a good decision to quit your old job. toxic working environment is really suck.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.