First Travel with a 1 Year Old

October, 2022.

It was Musa's first flight ever and mommy's first time ever traveling with a one year old. I feel both excited and anxious at the same time. Excited that we get the chance to travel again and as a family of three this time but anxious about the long hours and the pressure changes that will be uncomfortable for babies. I'm more worried if Musa gets bored and started running around in the plane. 

Oh, we went to Jakarta, Indonesia, so the flight was only a 2 hours 10 minutes journey. The reason why we went to Jakarta was because my in-laws are temporarily living there. My father in-law got a job offer from Pertamina so they'll be staying there for a few years which means we get to travel to Indonesia more often. Yeay!

It was not a long flight, thank God. Our departure time was at noon so I purposely hold off Musa's nap  to make sure he can nap in the plane instead.

Alhamdulillah, the journey was such a breeze. No delays, no crying, no fussing.

Malaysia Airlines has this tab thing where you can watch movies so I turned on the Disney's Pets movie and he loves it. He sat quietly while watching the movie. Then we had lunch and afterwards he was getting tired so I breast fed him til he sleeps.

I did brought a few of his toys but ended up didn't use any of them in the plane, probably because he was too busy watching the movie so I just kept it in the bag. 

I guess next time we can try a longer hours flight since Musa passed this one. Maybe an 8 hours flight? Hehe. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.