30 Questions Before I Turn 30


Age is just a number, right?

I can't believe I'm turning 30 soon. Honestly, I feel like makcik-makcik already with always wearing the tudung sarong. I have an active toddler now I need to be quick so either I reach for my tudung sarong or pleated shawl, I got no time to iron.

Speaking of quick, let's make this post a quick one. This post is inspired by Fashion Accro
Can I berangan like this is an interview from Vogue? Oh a girl can only dream. Let's begin.

1. What am I most proud of?

I'm most proud of is when I decided to quit my job from a toxic environment and putting myself and my mental state as my top priority.

2. Who inspires me? Why do they inspire me?

My mom, for sure. I'm just at awe of her strength and unconditional love towards us family. She's in her 50s and she still has the energy to do so many things. I just hope that I can become like her one day.

3.What does my ideal morning look like?

There's a lot of ideal morning situations that I like but right now a sleep in would be my current ideal morning. I haven't sleep in like I used to since becoming a mom. I just need a little longer of sleep. That's all I'm asking.

4.What would I tell my future self / childhood me?

I would tell my future self to just do it. Do whatever I had in mind at that moment. Time waits for no one. To the childhood me, enjoy your childhood. Enjoy the time you had with our family and always be grateful with them.

5. How is your life going?

Life is going according to plan, well sort of. I'm married to my long time partner and we have a son together, all happen before hitting 30. I became a Graphic Designer, which was a childhood dream of mine, but quit a year ago to focus on myself and my family. I always imagined of having a successful career but I guess my priority shift once I had my first born.

6. I am grateful for…

Allah, my family, and my health. 

7. I need more ______ in my life because…

I need more travelling in my life because I want to explore and see this world. It doesn't have to only be oversea travel. Malaysia, my home country, has lots of beautiful places that I haven't get the chance to go to yet. InshaAllah, I will go someday.

8. What do you want most in life?

To have financial freedom. Not worrying about paying bills, buying things that my family needs. It's not about being rich or wealthy. It's about having enough to make a living.

9.Where do I see myself in 6 months?

Probably pregnant with baby number #2. I think I'm ready to give my firstborn a sibling to play and grow up with. InshaAllah.

10. What is one important lesson I learned this week?

If you want to do it, just do it. I've been worrying a lot lately about what I want to do in life. Like blogging, I recently developed this courage to just write. It doesn't matter if it's perfect of not. If there's mistakes, you'll learned from it. What matters most is you've tried.

11. What are your current 5 favourite songs?

I haven't listened to any songs for like ages. This is hard! I think my current 5 favourite songs would be Creepin' (The Weeknd), Flowers (Miley Cyrus), Calm Down (Rena ft Selena Gomez), As It Was (Harry Styles), and Golden Hour (JVKE).

12. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Honestly speaking, I love my hometown. So I'm perfectly happy here. Although, I do want to live in my own house. Maybe in 2 years we'll have a house of our own.

13. If I had 1 million dollars, I would…

Buy a house! A beautiful house that is perfect for my family. Pay off my student debt. Invest in properties, do some business, give a certain amount to charity, and save some for my children's education fund.

14. What are 10 things that make me happy?

  • My family
  • Money
  • Having good skin
  • Skincare
  • Makeup
  • Food
  • Travelling
  • Beaches
  • "Me"-time
  • Shopping

15. If I could travel anywhere, where would I go and why?

I would love to see the hot air balloons in Cappadocia.

16. The person I am most thankful for is?

Can I say both of my parents? They both shaped me into the women I am now and I'm super thankful for that.

17. Do you have any regrets?

I didn't get the chance to hug and say 'I Love You' to my late dad. 

18. Something I hope to achieve in the next 5 years is…

Having my own house and to have financial freedom.

19. What was your favourite trip?

My Japan trip. Tokyo has been one of my favourite city that I've been to. I really hope I can travel there again.

20. What do you appreciate most about your partner?

I appreciate most about my husband is how amazing he is as a father. Him, being a father, is a whole new side that I didn't knew he had until our son was born. He has been a very supportive parent.

21. Would you change anything about yourself?

My patience. I would like to be more patient and not let my anger get the best of me. So far having a kid really change me to be a little bit patient. I'm hoping to improve.

22. Which quality do you value the most in a person?

When a person is always transparent with you. I think it's important to develop trust in the relationship.

23. What experience are you most thankful for?

I think the experience of being a mother. Being a mother is the most best feeling in the world and I shouldn't take it for granted.

24. What do you appreciate about life?

After the pandemic, I appreciate a good health, my family, and having a roof on my head and food on the table. 

25. What are my strengths?

I'm very open-minded and versatile. I can easily adapt in any kind of situation and I don't really mind getting my feet in the mud.

26. What are my weaknesses?

My anger and overthinking. I sometimes get angry over small silly things without thinking but sometimes I do overthink things that seemed ridiculous and negative.

27. If I could wish for anything, I would wish for…

Another one moment with my late dad. I really miss him.

28. What am I afraid of?

Losing people that I love. After losing my dad, I just don't think I can cope another lost but I know I have to face it when the time comes and have to accept Allah's will.

29. I want people to think of me as…

As someone that's kind and cheerful. Someone that inspires them to chase their dreams and never give up.

30. What type of legacy do I want to leave behind?

I would like to create something that I'm passionate about that will benefit my community and also as a mother, raising responsible, capable, and generous children who live out the positive values in life would be the greatest legacy of all.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.