We Ride The Famous Gondola in Jogja

It isn't our first time going to Yogyakarta, Indonesia. This is actually our third time here. I, especially, love it here. 

The first time we went to Pantai Timang, it was pouring rain. Thus, I did not go on the infamous gondola ride. The waves were scary and at the time my husband, too, was not interested in it. So, I only enjoyed the view. Subhanallah, it was indeed beautiful.


Our second time in Yogyakarta, we did not even travelled to Pantai Timang as we decided to experience other places. 

You're probably wondering, "Why did you go to Yogyakarta for the third time?".

Well, since we've celebrated Eid-ul Adha at my in-law's place in Jakarta, along with a siblings from my mother-in-law's side, as the host, it is our responsibility to bring the guests (my mother-in-law's relatives) to wherever destination they want to visit. Hence, the famous gondola at Pantai Timang, Yogyakarta.

Since it's going to be our second time there, I told my husband beforehand that I want to ride the gondola too. I did not want to feel the regret like I had the last time we were there.

Alhamdulillah, the weather was perfect on the day we arrived. My husband and I, along with our 3 years old son, went on the gondola. Yes they allow children to go on it too.

It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. The gondola operates manually, as in multiple people pulling and tugging the ropes. They pulled it very fast so the gondola moves fast too. A few seconds later, you're on the other side of the cliff. 

"What do you do on the other side of the cliff?".

Well, mainly selfies and taking photos. That's it. There's nothing much you can do there. But the view is breathtaking.

Would I go on a Rp200,000 gondola ride again? No. For the first experience, it was okay. I don't think it's worth a second time. 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.