A Letter To Someone I Miss Dearly


Dear papa,

I miss you so dearly.

A lot has happened since you passed. I'm a married women now. Yes, I'm married to the same person that you've given your blessings to. Alhamdulillah, it was a joyous ceremony. Abang became my wali. He was much more nervous than the groom. It was funny. You would've been proud of him for taking your place. I wish you were there to witness my happy moment. 

Nana is doing good too. She's in university doing her degree now in Multimedia Design. Another designer in the family. Shocking, right? We always thought she would be a veterinarian when she was young. She's so smart. She has been getting good results, almost 4 flat for every semester! If you were here, I bet you would give her presents (or money) every time her results comes out.

I know you would be amazed with mama. She's such a strong women. She inspires me everyday. She smiles everyday even though I know she's tired or stress. We're looking out for her. Making sure she eats healthy and making sure she gets everything that she needs. So don't you worry so much about mama. She's in good hands.

I have one very special news to share with you, since today is supposed to be your 56th birthday.

You're going to be a grandpa. Yes, I am pregnant. I know you would be a great grandpa and I know you would spoil my kid so much that I'll be getting a headache about it. I already have a name for the baby. I just know you would love the name just as much as I do too.

I miss you

I miss you

I miss you

Every single day.

I wish I could do things differently in the past. Saying I love you more often. Hug you always. To be honest, that's what I regret the most since you're gone cos I know I will never get the chance to do all of that, ever. All I can do now is to always pray for you. 

You are always in my prayers. Always.

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.