Yogyakarta and 10 Things

A continuation post from my first Jakarta trip.

My father in-law had planned us a 3 days trip to Yogyakarta. I was thrilled because Jogja has been in the top of my "must-visit places" bucket list.

So here's 10 things about my Yogyakarta trip.

1. After we arrived at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, we straight away head to my in-law's house to drop off a few baggages. Then we drove to the train station for a 7 hours journey to Yogyakarta.

2. Upon reaching Yogyakarta, we rented a van and visited the famous candi which is, Borobudur. Unfortunately, the temple was under construction so they don't allow anyone to climb up the temple.


3. From Borobudur to Gunung Merapi. At Gunung Merapi, we rode in jeeps and had the best tour guide who had mad photography skills. A very adventurous trip and we had loads of fun!


4. On the second day, we went to Hutan Pinus Pengger, an attraction for taking instagrammable pictures. Travel tip: Go on weekdays so you don't have to wait in a long queue just to take a photo. Thank God we went on weekdays.

5. On our way to Gondola Pantai Timang, we stopped at a nearby restaurant where we ate fresh lobsters and it was so good.

6. I've cross checked my list of going to Gondola Pantai Timang. MashaAllah, the most beautiful ocean I've ever seen. Scary but beautiful. I highly recommend.


7. Traveling in the train at daylight is much more fun than at night because I get to see the beautiful scenery of paddy fields.

8. Malio Gelato is must try if you visit Malioboro, Yogyakarta.

9. I held an owl just to show to my son during our jeep trip at Gunung Merapi. I'll do anything to see my son's smiling face but thank God that owl doesn't bite.


10. The streets of Malioboro is super happening at night time. There's so many people on the street just hanging out. A lot of shops opens till late night. Never a boring night there.

2 comments:

  1. If I'm not mistaken there's this one eps in Running Man doing challenge at Pantai Timang and I think it's really scary... the view is really magnificent though! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's true. They even have their photos hanging on the wall. It's super scary because of the waves.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.