The Birth Story of My Second Born

Surprise!

I've been hiatus for such a long period of time and decided to come back with the news that I gave birth to my second born sonshine. So yeah, that's my big life update. 

This second pregnancy was planned because I really wanted another baby and I want Musa (my firstborn) to have siblings to play with. Waited 2 years to conceived since I delivered Musa via cesarean section. I really wanted to make sure my scar to really healed that's why I waited and it was adviced by my doctor as well.

The Birth Story

I was scheduled to be warded on the 23rd of February 2024 since I was adviced by my doctor to be induced the next day due to my previous post pregnancy complication. I had pre-eclampsia a week after giving birth to Musa. Nothing serious but there's precaution needed to be taken.

I went to Hospital Serdang on the said date and waited for an available bed. The day itself was crowded with other pregnant ladies. Most of them had to be induced too. I've waited for hours and the only bed available was the second-class bed. Took it after considering the price and because I want to be induced quickly. If you don't get a bed, you can't be induced so I am not waiting. I wanted to see my son as soon as possible.

Once I settled in, the doctor told me that I'll received my first induce pill in the morning after. Since I was previously had a cesarean surgery, my dosage will be half of what they normally given. The doctor called me at dawn and insert the pill down my hooha. Pain level was bearable, slightly uncomfortable though. I instantly felt a mild contraction after. Sakit manja gitu. The pain increases at noon but faded in the evening. I was only 1 cm dilated.

The next day, the doctor insert another method of inducing labour which is the balloon. I personally hated it. It was slightly painful but very very uncomfortable. The contraction was strong but still bearable. Basically the balloon needs to come on in 24 hours, however, mine was still intact but I was 2 cm dilated which was a progress so the doctor did a membrane sweep and that escalates to 3 cm dilation which means I can go to the labour room.

I've waited for the labour room available the whole day but unfortunately it was full. On the fourth day, I was told there's an availability of the labour room and I was sent there at noon. 

I was so excited because this was the first time ever that my husband gets to see me giving birth to our child since he didn't get the chance to witness the birth of our firstborn because it was lockdown at the time and the husband wasn't allowed in.

The doctor broke my water but my dilation were too slow. Four hours and I was only 5 cm dilated. They had to induced me with drips (I forget the name of it). Honestly, the drips were the worst. I was so much in pain. I almost gave up and wanted another c-section but thankfully my husband was there to encourage me and reminded me that I wanted to try VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean). After another 2 hours I was fully 10 cm dilated and was ready to push the baby out. 

It was the most hardest thing to do. No matter how well prepared I was, with all the techniques I learned and all the videos I'd watch, pushing a human being out of me was hard. Eventhough I'm giving birth to my second child but this was my first time giving birth via normal delivery. After few pushes, I couldn't go on so I had to get vacuumed. If not, the last resort would be straight to surgery.

Alhamdulillah, after a big ass push and being vacuumed, I managed to deliver my baby boy at 8.48pm on 27th February, 2024. I couldn't stop thanking Allah for giving me the opportunity to deliver my boy normally.

I can proudly say that I've experienced both vaginal birth and cesarean birth. Either way, both deliveries had it's highs and lows. What's important is that mama and babies are safe.

Introducing my Umar,

3 comments:

  1. People say that no matter how many times you give birth, it'll never be 'I'm used to it' as every birth is different and has its own risk. Well, hello Umar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Semoga membesar dengan sihat baby comelsss ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.